Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Logo (Final Product)


The final Logo for PIATE a Karaoke Dj service. 





There are a few reasons why I decided to go with this design for the logo. I tried to make it interesting while also keeping the overall image simple. When the logo is zoom out and/or shrink the overall image is not lost. While the smaller details (such as the Microphone chord or the karaoke DJ on top of the 'T') may be lost, the microphone and (for the most part) the name are still recognizable. The design is not overly complicated which is what I was going for. Many of the logos that we looked at over the course of this project were simple and got the point across effectively. The idea behind my logo was to create a stylized version of something that pretty much everyone associates with singing and music. The image was not meant to be overly realistic. It is a stylized microphone with a more organic font for the words. 

The logo was meant for pretty much any age. This is one of the reasons why I stuck with a black and white color scheme. I feel that if I had added any other color (I had originally thought that I was going to add a bit of red) it would make the logo feel younger. I wanted something that would appeal to the most amount of people because Another reason I chose to use a black and white color scheme is the fact that my fathers business cards tend to have a black background with white font. This is why I have included two separate images, one with a black background and one with a white background. This way when the logo is on the business card the one with white font and a black background can be used and the one with black font can be used for pretty much everything else. 

This was the original sketch for my logo:




I had originally planed for the font to be less organic. As I progressed in designing the logo, however, I realized that a font that was closer to a script font worked better with the overall design of the logo. I went with this one as opposed to the other ones that I sketched because it seemed the most visually appealing. It also seems like the named could be separated from the microphone if it needed to. The sections of the logo look nice together as well as on their own. All in all I am happy with the way this logo turned out. 






No comments:

Post a Comment